Hey hey hey! We are at the tail end of the current 8 week- 2017 AMP New Year Best You Challenge program and the girls have done SPECTACULARLY! Check out their progress pictures below!!! Collectively the 46 participants have lost over 200 pounds and TONS of inches! They have regained their confidence, their focus on health and have made lots of other positive choices in their lives because of it. We have shared life struggles, job losses, moments of grief, hardships, happy stories, birthday's, non-scale victories, recipes, advice, book recommendations, tips, work outs, food and we even did pin-pals! Every participant has a different story and a different way about tackling her success. Some hike, some walk, some run marathons, some frequent the gym, some have personal trainers and home gyms. Others do yoga, take classes, do Orange Theory and Pure Barre and others bike ride or swim to exercise. It has been amazing to watch such a diverse group of women come together all wanting a similar goal: to heal, to recover their bodies, to learn something new about themselves, to grow positively, to regain their health, to push their boundaries, to feel stronger, to feel good in their skin and clothes and bathing suits. Knowing that this challenge has helped even just one person validates why I host these. It gives me the warm and fuzzies helping others. I am so proud of these strong, brave women and their dedication to getting healthy: mentally, physically, emotionally and beyond. It wasn't always easy but they persevered with the help of one another. The top 3 winner's with the highest weight loss percent will be selected March 15th. First place will win $2000, second place will win $250 and third place will win $50! Not bad if you ask me. So stay tuned on that!
UPDATE: Congrats to our winners!!! Their pics are below! Melissa for winning 1st place, Caitlyn for winning second and Beccy of taking 3rd!
With that said some of the girls feel like they are just getting started and want to keep it up! I have decided to host yet ANOTHER challenge to help even more women change their lives around and get healthy! WAAA-HOOO! But forewarning... round 2 will be a bit different this time- more stricter, more expensive and more commitment. The challenge will be 12 weeks long and there are mandatory rules involved. Only 15 avaliable spots: first come, first serve. If you have no clue what I am even talking about concerning weight loss challenges please visit my blog posts about my previous challenges here, here, and here. I can't wait to hear from you! If you are on the fence jump over the damn fence. You deserve this.
AMP New Year Best You 12 week challenge round II roster (I will update as people sign up)
- Jessica Nguyen
- Briana Widen
- Donna Hunter
- Shewan Elizabeth
- Jessica Silhan
- Laura Elliott
- Camilla Spencer
- Anna Marasigan
Every participant will sign a contract that understands the following terms:
· Challenge starts: Monday, March 20, 2017
· Challenge ends: Wednesday, June 14, 2017
· First weigh in: Wednesday March 22, 2017
· Last weigh in: Wednesday June 14, 2017
· This challenge is not about getting skinny. This challenge is about health recovery.
· $300 buy in. ($200/pot, $100/host = $300 total investment)
· NO REFUNDS GIVEN UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE
· Winning prize: The sum of the $200/participant pot buy in. The winning prize is dependent on the amount of participants
· Winner is determined by the highest weight loss percent
· Payments are welcomed. Payments are due by April 10, 2017. Preferably the host would like to receive two $150 payments or three $100 payments. If payments are not received by April 10th all monies paid are kept and the participant will be removed & eliminated from the challenge without refund
· To book a spot in this challenge: Shoot an email to email@example.com. Once you have received a response I will send you the contract to e-sign online. Once the contract has been signed please send the $300 via Venmo to venmo.com/alexmichelephotography.
· Mandatory weigh-in video's are DUE EVERY WEDNESDAY BY 10PM EST
· If videos are not turned in by the following day (along with an explanation of why it is late) the participant will be eliminated from the challenge without a refund
· Video submissions will be uploaded thru the private FB challenge group by using a given "code word" the evening before. For honesty and validity in this challenge you must write this word down on a piece of paper, set it aside on the floor or tape it to the scale, step on the scale, say hello and be weighed in. You must weigh yourself in the same place every week at the same time for accuracy. Must upload to the video thread I will open for posting
· Mandatory weekly pictures are DUE EVERY WEDNESDAY BY 10PM EST. If pictures are not turned in by the following day (along with an explanation of why) the participant will be eliminated from the challenge without a refund
· Mandatory weekly pictures need to include a front, side, and back shot. Participants need to wear black active wear (black sport's bra is fine) in the same spot, using the same angle, with the same lighting (preferably) each week. Select a place with good light and a clear background. Mark the floor so you know where to stand each week. Participants must upload their images to the designated weekly folders
· Not mandatory but highly encouraged to do so: multiple postings in a single day, food pictures, group discussion, creating a health IG account, number swapping with other participants, recipe shares, book recommendations, local work out and hang out meet-ups, video posts, reflection etc. Group activity is what makes these challenges so effective... the support, interaction, synergy, and accountability is so important!
· Dishonesty is not tolerated. If there are any fair suspicions of dishonesty the participant will be removed immediately without a refund given
· No medical procedures allowed that would directly alter the weight loss (such as liposuction, abdominoplasty, skin removal, steroid use etc.)
· Wraps, supplements, fat burners, weight loss pills are acceptable to use during this challenge but not encouraged for use
. What to look forward to? HEALTH AND RECOVERY! Positive changes. Support, guidance, direction, motivation and accountability. This is an intimate, private group of women helping women. This is your sacred place. This is a way we all stop body shaming and start loving who we are by putting our health first.