I had you at 8:04p.m. I was enchanted with you, how could I not be? You had cheeks for days and soft skin, and you were just the perfect vision of a healthy big baby boy I could ever imagine. I couldn't believe I grew you for 41 weeks and 2 days, shot 25 weddings with you, shopped with you, cried with you, and nurtured you with Oreo's, Chic Fila and pickels. Then June 4th came around and you were evicted. You were huge, my son. They handed you to me and that was it. Melt. You were mine, all ours, your dad and I's sweet first born- from that day forward on, I became a mommy.
I loved you but I didn't really know you, know you.
I always had this innate emotion I had felt for years, well before you were a glimmer in my eye, any time I suffered a hardship the vision of you was what got me through it, you were the light at the end of the tunnel. I had always wanted to be a mom and now I'm "Henry's mom". What an honor that is! Over the past 11 months and 3 weeks, I have really gotten to know you now. I know why I love you and it's not just because you are totally cute, totally bratty, totally way too smart, totally picky about what you eat, and totally hip when you dance and spunky and might remind me of myself sometimes (lol) BUT furthermore, it's because we get one another. Like soul-mates. You are my kindred spirit and my little boy. You make me proud every day of every new thing you do, your joy and laughter brightens my soul every single day. My joy is watching yours. You are my son, my sweet partner in crime and my darling new little friend. I am a better person because of you, really and truly. Thank you for teaching me what unrequited love feels like.
I wanted to do something very special for your first birthday. I know you will never remember it, but I wanted you to have a memory though pictures to show you just how much I love you. You reminded me of that mischievous little Peter Rabbit and so it suited you and I, and that was that. Your first birthday party had to be special; filled with color and sweetness, perfect little details, treats and laughter, awesome party favors for your friends and a few games and surprises! Yes, I even got you a REAL Peter Rabbit to debut your soiree! I wanted to celebrate my little bunny with happiness and style, that's okay right? And, we did! Everything was perfect! From the setting of Treaty Oak- a 250 year old oak tree, to the light, the careful breeze, and the flowers that smiled, everything was perfect for YOU. I had some very special people help me put this whole thing together and we all did it because we love you, Henry. I can't wait to watch you grow into a little man one day! BUT, until then, your mom (albeit crazy, who has centerpieces at a kids party?!?! apparently I do! ;) will have a hell of a time planning your parties! I want you to know just how special you are each and every year! I love you sweet boy of mine...And, I will leave you with my favorite lines that I read to you when you were only hours old.
"On the night you were born, the moon shone with such wonder that the stars peeked in to see you and the night wind whispered, 'Life will never be the same.'
Because there had never been anyone like you... ever in the world."
& then I made a slide show...
Now, let's Build a garden!
Let's eat cake!
Now, what's a Peter Rabbit party without reading the classic story about Peter himself?
& Peter Rabbit made a special guest appearance himself! (yes, I went there) :)
& now for the photobooth fun!
- Rentals- Luxe Party Rentals- Philip Schnorr (Jacksonville, Florida)
- Linens- Luxe Party Rentals- Philip Schnorr (Jacksonville, Florida)
- Flowers/vegetables/moss- Shea Hopely Flowers
- Cake Pop garden patch- The Cake Pop Shop- Jennie Gibson (Jacksonville, Florida)
- Cake topper- needle felt- Fox Wool Designs
- Paper straws/yellow Martha Stewart bunny favor bags- Lou Tinen Events
- Photo booth props- Say Hello Shop (wooden props)
- Photo booth set up- Brandea Anderson
- Photographer- Ryan Carey/AMP associate photographer
- Peter Rabbit bunnies- CVS
- Peter Rabbit knitted blue sweater- Casey The Dainty Knit
- Mushroom cupcakes & acorn donuts holes- The Dainty Knit
- Peter Rabbit stamps- Blossom Stamps
- Wooden stakes signs- Brandea Anderson
- Peter Rabbit paper napkins, wheel barrel holders- Zulily
- Peter Rabbit tablecloth- Pottery Barn Baby
- Party favors- Dollar Tree, Michael Craft Store, CVS
- Watering cans- Dollar Tree
- Gardening supplies- Home Depot
- Wooden Crates- Wine crates from ABC
- picture frames/table numbers- dollar tree/at home printing
- glitter bunny garland- DIY
- Bunny as himself