Before each wedding every client receives a detailed questionnaire to fill out that puts all of us on the same page for their wedding event. From big details to small details, from scheduling to addresses and behind the scenes stuff, I want to know it all. I think it really sets the tone for how effective the wedding day ends up flowing. But my most favorite part is reading the more personal stuff. I love asking WHY my couples love each other. This is what Jen & Nick said,...
"He is funny, driven and I feel so comfortable with him. We have the same values and want the same things in life."
"She is truly one of the sweetest people I know. She makes me want to be a better person."
These few sentences couldn't be more true. Being apart of Jen and Nick's wedding was such a privilege and a sweet blessing- from the stunning centerpieces cascading down each table, the historic brick that surrounded us, the uneven cobblestone streets, the rooftop cocktail party, the lovelier than lovely Marisa lacey wedding gown (from Love, Bridal Boutique) to the little trinkets Jen had on her bouquet of her late father to the loving relationships of all families involved, their gorgeous Lady dog and beautiful afternoon setting and their ridiculously talented vendors Jenn chose, May 10th was FOR SURE one of my most favorite days in AMP history ever! It was a fairy-tale. Aside from the obvious pretty that John Gandy, Janice Powell and his team created, Jen and Nick are what made this wedding so unbelievable to me. Their relationship is based on such a solid friendship and their bond is so pure to witness and so beautiful, so effortless to document. They were so easy to work with because their personalities make you feel like you have known them for years. I just love that about them.
I met Jen a year back when I shot one of her bridesmaids weddings in the Keys. And thank goodness for it! When she contacted me to shoot her Charleston wedding affair I about flipped out, it's always so much fun to shoot out of state weddings. Beyond the picturesque setting and ethereal decor the very thing to me that made the day was how hard their families worked to make sure it was magical. They made sure there wasn't one single detail missed so that the Powell's could enjoy their day with love and ease. AND they did it with huge smiles on their faces and energy in their hearts. What a pleasure it is to work aside so many incredibly talented, passionate, kind and downright sweet people. As I write this post I am still a little shaky with excitement, this is truly one of my most favorite weddings I have ever had the privilege of shooting. So without further ado, huge thank you to Liza for referring me to such sweetie-pies. Thank you Jen for entrusting in me your most precious memories! HUGE, huge thank you to Janice (Nick's Momma) for putting together such a darling and lovely event aside her John Gandy team. Congrats to all the families involved, namely Jen's momma who brought this lovely lady into the world and walked her down the isle with poise and happiness. And lastly, to the Powell's: May your friendship as husband and wife always be as strong and confident as it was that day and those gentle smiles never leave your faces. I cannot wait to capture future milestones in the years to come for you. Kisses and cheers!
Want to see more? Check out their FULL wedding gallery of images here. Enjoy all 2500 of them! :P
Jen's VIP vendors:
1. Wedding Venue – Confederate Home & College (no website)
2. Reception Venue – Harbour Club http://www.clubcorp.com/Clubs/Harbour-Club
3. Wedding stationary -- Karmanos Printing, Tallahassee FL
4. Engagement ring designer
5. Wedding band designer
6. Ring shop – Miriam’s jewelry, Jacksonville, FL www.miriamsjewelry.com
7. Wedding dress designer – Marisa
8. Wedding dress shop –Love, a Bridal Boutique, Jacksonville Beach FL
9. Florist – Designs by Darin, Tallahassee FL
10. Videographer – Unique Video Creations – Krishna Singh -- www.uniquevideocreations.com/Connect.html
11. Hair – Tamsyn Rickards of Salon Elysium, Charleston SC
12. Makeup – Andrew C. Peterson, http://www.andrewcpetersen.com/ Charleston, SC
13. Shoes – Christian Louboutin, www.neimanmarcus.com
14. Etsy artists –
· Gift for Mother, Mother of groom and father of groom –
Inspired Stitches, www.etsy.com
· Robes for Bridal party –
Silk and more, www.etsy.com
15. Centerpieces – John Gandy Events, Designs by Darin florals
16. DIY details – chalkboards at ceremony
17. DJ – n/a
18. Live band – Dave Landeo Band, East Coast Entertainment
19. Officiate - -Sara Michaels, Saramonies, Tallahassee FL http://www.saramonieswithheart.com/
20. Cake – Publix Bakery, www.publix.com
21. Caterers – Harbour Club
22. Bridesmaids gifts – Francesca’s Collections www.francescas.com
23. Groomsmen gifts – Men’s Wearhouse – suits, shirts and ties
24. Rentals – John Gandy Events
25. Special lighting – n/a
26. Linens – John Gandy Events